"As Mines Faculty and Staff Giving Program Chairs, we believe it is essential in today's society to help shape and prepare students to be future leaders. Click on our photos above to learn more about why each of us are passionate about investing in innovation at Mines." -from left to right: Willy Hereman, Brent Waller, Ken Osgood
We invite you to get involved in raising awareness and support for students like Naya Ziegler
, a freshman in Mechanical Engineering who is among 400 first-generation students at Mines. Please attend one of the upcoming lectures, pedagogy seminars and other social events listed below to learn more about Naya and her peers. Please also consider joining us in supporting the following two campus initiatives focused on first-generation students, The Mines Fund
or the area of your choice.
- The Bliss Endowed Scholarship Fund - provides a renewable scholarship award to first-generation students
- Trefny Innovative Instruction Center - supports faculty through pedagogy seminars, curriculum design and learning programs that enhance the student experience. Your gift to the Trenfy Center will be doubled, thanks to the $25K match generously provided by President Emeritus and Mrs. Trefny.
Giving is easy with a one-time or monthly gift through payroll deduction, credit card or a check payable to the CSM Foundation, with your designation in the memo line, to PO Box 912031, Denver, CO 80291-2031.
Upcoming lectures, pedagogy seminars and other social events
- November 8, 12-1pm @ McNeil Room, Student Recreation Center - They Have Much to Contribute: Making Low-Income and First-Generation Students Visible and Valued at Mines presented by Jessica Smith and Juan Lucena. RSVP for your boxed lunch today to Kellie Spoerl, 303.273.3424.
- January 31, 12-1pm @ Marquez Hall, Room 108: First-Generation Student Panel – as part of the Trefny Innovative Instruction Center’s pedagogy seminars, hear from Mines students sharing what their Mines experience has been like as a first-generation student. Lunch provided.
- February 9: #idigmines Giving Day – “Show Your Mines Love” for the Bliss Endowed Scholarship Fund or the Trefny Center during the 24-hour day of giving.
- February 14: Faculty & Staff Appreciation Luncheon – open to all faculty and staff. Invitation coming in January.
This year, you can also support Mines and your local community at the same time by participating in the Colorado Combined Campaign at www.colorado.gov/coloradocombinedcampaign.
For more information about Faculty & Staff Giving, please contact:
Senior Director, Annual Giving